- Owner - Lead Attorney
- Lawyer/Attorney at Law
Bruce Ketron focuses on helping his clients put their affairs in order, avoiding pitfalls, and recognizing danger signs that are often overlooked. He approaches each situation to give comfort and guidance to clients and those they care about.
He believes that, by fully listening to clients, he can best advise them of the options that are available and help ensure their assets are protected and distributed according to their wishes.
He is distinguished in his ability to protect wealth through estate, income and charitable tax planning. The goal of all in the office is to plan for your future based upon your personal and financial assets to put your affairs in order by offering unparalleled legal advice and services related to trusts and estate planning.
With more than 30 years of experience, attorney Bruce Ketron provides estate planning, trust and probate administration services in Napa and Sonoma County.
He has comprehensive knowledge and experience regarding all matters related to administration after death or disability and avoiding administration through proper estate planning. His office offers practical, efficient, creative and customized solutions to fit your situation or need.
For those who have a disability or who worry about the time when they will no longer be able to make decisions affecting their lives, our law firm can be a trusted adviser to help maintain control of these affairs. We can offer a range of solutions to help avoid pitfalls and potential problems related to your estate distribution and final wishes. Furthermore, we can assist with the probate process to ensure any outstanding legal issues and asset distribution is handled properly and as efficiently as possible.
Mr. Ketron is a Certified Specialist since 1994 in estate planning, trust and probate law by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization. His law practice is entirely devoted to the estate planning areas including trusts, probates, wills and related matters.
Regardless of the legal need you have related to your estate and the decisions that will affect your life and the lives of your loved ones, the Law Offices of Bruce Ketron has a solution. We can be a strong, trusted ally during a time when you may need us the most.
Areas Of Practice
- Probate & Estate Administration 50%
- Trusts 20%
- Estate Planning 20%
- Charitable Giving 10%
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Supreme Court of California, 1971
- U. S. Court of Military Appeals, 1972
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 1971
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 1971
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1972
- U.S. Tax Court, 1973
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1973
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1973
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1973
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- Juris Doctor - 1970
- London School of Economics Law School, London
- LL.M., Master of Law(s) - 1985
- University of California, Santa Barbara, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1967
- Contributing author to Philanthropy for Everyone published 2002
- Contributing author to Strictly Business published 2002
- Bank of Napa
- Bank of Stockton - Napa Branch
- Trusts, Probate Administration, Empire Law School, 1991 to 1996
- Business Law, Santa Rosa Junior College, 1976 to 1982
- Estate and Gift Taxation, Golden Gate University, 1971 to 1998
Honors and Awards
- Trustee Emeritus - Napa Valley College, 2014-Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Redwood Empire Estate Planning Council, Member, 1976 to 1988
- International Association for Financial Planning, Member, 1980 to 1981
- Santa Rosa School Board, Member
- Federal Emergency Management – Community Emergency Response Team Member
- California Assembly, Democratic Nominee
- Democratic State Central Committee, Member
- County Democratic Central Committee, Member
- National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Napa County Bar Association, Attorney, 1993 to Present
- Sonoma County Bar Association, Attorney, 1993 to 2009
Past Employment Positions
- Napa Valley College, Board of Trustees , 2003 to 2014
- County Juvenile Justice Commission, Chairman, 1978 to 1983
- United States Postal Service, Assistant Congressional Liaison, 1970 to 1971
Pro Bono Activities
- Trustee of the Napa Valley Community College
- Board of Directors of Connolly Ranch Education Center
- Notary Public